At Long Prairie Dental Clinic we provide many standard procedures in
dentistry. As a professional dental clinic we strive to stay up-to-date
on the latest treatments, technologies, procedures and equipment.
General / Cosmetic Dentistry
- Routine Exams / Check-ups – Routine Exams are the most effective method for maintaining optimal dental health. They provide for regular 6 or 12 month cleanings, allow the doctor to provide preventative suggestions and are necessary for detecting future dental problems.
- Sealants – Dental sealants assist in filling the depressions and indentions found on the surface of your teeth. By filling these depressions we help to prevent tooth decay that is missed by brushing and flossing.
- Fillings – When a tooth becomes fractured or when decay goes untreated for too long it can cause pain and discomfort, making a filling necessary. Fillings can be made of amalgam (silver) or composite (white), which is becoming the option of choice due to its aesthetic appearance.
- Bridges – Bridges are often used to fill gaps due to missing teeth. When certain teeth don’t develop or when adult teeth are lost, bridges can be recommended to help strengthen the jaw and maintain facial structure. Bridges are fully functional, natural-looking tooth replacements.
- Crowns – Crowns are most often recommended to individuals with abnormal, misshaped or chipped teeth. It is in these cases that the root of the tooth is fine but the smile is less than optimal. A crown is basically a cap that is placed over the tooth, strengthening the tooth and enhancing the smile. They can be made from porcelain, gold or ceramic; the material selected directly correlates with the tooth needing the crown. The dentist will go into further detail should a crown be needed.
- Dentures – Dentures come in two forms, full and partial. When the majority or all of ones natural teeth have been lost, dentures will be used. Full dentures are used when no natural teeth remain, while partial dentures are used to fill the gaps between any remaining teeth.
- Bleaching - Bleaching is a nice way to whiten teeth that have been stained due to age, smoking, coffee and many other causes.
Endodontics (Root Canals) – Endodontics, most commonly known as root canal therapy, is the specialized dentistry dealing with the tissues surrounding the root of a tooth and tooth pulp. During a root canal the damaged tooth pulp (tissue inside the tooth) is removed, the canal is cleaned and sealed.
Oral Surgery – Oral surgery (extraction) is recommended for any tooth that is damaged beyond repair. It can also be used to extract wisdom teeth that are fully developed and those not yet above the gum surface.
Periodontics – Periodontic dentistry is concerned with the tissues surrounding our teeth, commonly known as gums. When plaque is allowed to build-up near the gum line, often between teeth, it produces toxins that begin attacking the gum tissue. When attacked the gums slowly soften, loosening their bond with teeth and causing the gums to recede (exposing roots) and inevitably causing the tooth to fall out. This type of infection is known as periodontal disease, a leading cause of adult tooth loss.
Please click on the links below to learn more about the services we provide:
- Dental Hygiene
- Oral Surgery